We are currently implementing the following projects in Uganda;
1. Biodiversity is Us Campaign in collaboration with the World Association of Zoos and Aquarium (WAZA)that has helped produce materials for our use. The campaign aims at creating awareness among the visitors and members of the public on the need to conserve and peacefully coexist with other lifeforms.
2. Wetland Restoration through promotion of ecotourism at Makanaga. The wetland stream is a home to the localized and rare shoe bill stork in Uganda. The bird species is under threat from pet trade, wetland conversion for agriculture as well as demand for their eggs.
3. Breeding of ostriches for reintroduction and improvement of livelihood among the people of Karamoja, especially around Kidepo Valley National Park. The program aims at training communities to raise the birds so as to reduce on wild encroachment and improve their livelihood through the sustainable use of farmed birds.
4. Developing of Conservation Education Programs for Uganda’s National Parks. We have worked on the bush meat crisis awareness materials for Murchison Falls Conservation Area, and now supporting the Lake Mburo National Park. We believe that it is through inspiring the children with trips to to see animals, interpretation talks that we can influence their morals and behavior to become responsible stewards for mother earth. Who are our supporters/ Partners?
1. Care for Karamoja and Santa Barbara Zoo- United States of America
2. WWF and UNDP
3. Cincinnati Zoo- USA
4. Uganda Wildlife Authority
5. World Association of Zoos and Aquarium.
At UWEC, we belief that it’s only through providing access to knowledge and information that people can be inspired to take positive action for the environment. The young people can be motivated to change and adults are powerful agents of change. We fulfill this mission through production and distribution of educational materials; posters, brochure, guide books as well as mass media programs that reach out to a wide audience, across the country. Help us reach out to more people through your direct donation, in kind support or any other form.
Please contact us on; Tel: +256 414 320 520 • Fax: +256 414 320 073 Mob: +256 706 505722 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org