Long stay Volunteer Program
As a Long Stay Volunteer, you and your friends, family enjoy being part of the dedicated team, in a shadow keeper role. You undertake a series of activities that range from food preparation, animal observation, cleaning of holding facilities, enclosure, being surrogate mother to the sick, injured animals or in distress or undertake interpretation talks etc.
But most importantly, help out at least five days a week and make a difference to the life of animals under our care!
The program is open to all members of the public with interest in;
- Community/ adult education,
- Caring for animals in distress and need,
- Animal medicine or veterinary health etc
Health/ Vaccinations/ boosters Requirements include;
- Hepatitis A (20 years)
- Hepatitis B (5 years)
- Measles (MMR) (10 – 15 years)
- Meningococcal meningitis (ACWY strains) ( 3 years)
- Polio (10 years)
- Tetanus (10 years) vaccine
- Rabies (2 years after completion of initial dose)
A negative TB test/ chest X ray or other test are required.
The minimum period for one to participate is one week to months/ year.
For Reservations, please contact us on;
Tel: +256 414 320 520 • Fax: +256 414 320 073