WHO is invited?
40 participants have been selected from 12 countries of; Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Egypt, Malawi and Uganda.
WHY offer this training?
To bring together conservation educators from East and Southern Africa to build capacity within the conservation movement in Africa
WHAT will I leave with?
- Knowledge and the skills to do better conservation education and communication.
- A comprehensive manual.
- A conservation education program for use in your workplace – designed by you with support from the facilitators.
- A network of new friends and colleagues who will help you in the future.
WHAT will I learn?.
- How to plan, design and implement Conservation Education (CE) programs.
- The fundamentals of understanding human behaviour and behaviour change for the environment.
- The linkage between Ex-situ and Insitu.
- Importance of research and publications.
- Networking and tips for effective communication.
- How to monitor and evaluate your CE program, and share the results.
- How to become a member of IZE.
HOW will I learn?
- The training course will be participatory and hands on.
- Participants will be expected to share their experiences.
- There will be time for field trips and discussions.